Friday, August 21, 2009
As much stress as you’re feeling in your day-to-day life, never forget that your kids are vulnerable to feeling anxious, too. Children can pick up on stressful feelings, which make them feel worried, guilty or scared. Other external stressors that affect kids include trouble with friends or bullies, academic setbacks, feeling left out, feeling unsafe at home or at school, and suffering from low self-esteem. To help your kids prepare for the challenges that they’ll face as they grow older, show them constructive ways to deal with stress as children, too. Here are 8 ways to help your anxious kids.
1. Address problems right away. If something traumatic or worrisome occurs, like the loss of a pet, address the problem right away, giving your kids a chance to express his or her confusion, fear, anger or worry before it bottles up inside of them.
2. Lead them on. When helping children confront their problems, it’s okay to lead them on by suggesting feelings that they might be experiencing. This lets them know that their feelings are normal and that others have the same emotions.
3. Make them feel safe. If your kids are afraid of a bully or if they feel unsafe at home, take specific actions to reassure them that you are watching out for their safety at all times. Show them locked doors and windows, talk to their teachers about bullying problems, and let them know that it’s your job, not theirs, to worry about protecting the family.
4. Watch your reactions when you’re around kids. Kids watch adults and older siblings to gauge their own emotions about a problem, so don’t lose your cool or show how upset you are around young children.
5. Give your kids an outlet. Physical exercise and vegging out time are important for kids, too. Setting up a schedule for homework and chores is good for kids, but don’t be too rigid: allow them playtime and time to relax, too.
6. Understand the signs. Some children keep their anxiety inside, so you’ll need to monitor your child’s behavior to evaluate their stress levels. Anxious kids will bite their nails, hold lots of tension in their bodies, zone out, and even give themselves stomachaches, diarrhea or headaches.
7. Help your kids understand that they can’t control everything. Let your child know that he or she doesn’t have anything to worry about, especially when it comes to controlling other people or circumstances. The only thing that is important is the way they deal with things.
8. Be present. By being a strong, authoritative, compassionate presence in your child’s life, you will help them realize that they are living in a stable environment. Praise them when they do well in school, and offer gentle, constructive criticism when they need to be disciplined.
This post was contributed by Amber Hensley, who writes about the online universities.
BE HAPPY.GOD BLESS.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Today 15th August 2009 India is celebrating 63rd Independence Day. I wish every Indian all over the world A VERY HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY.
A person who is the most important personality not only for India Independence but world political scenario is- Mahatma Gandhi. He has shown the world that path of Non-Violence. Today when India is celebrating her 63rd Independence Day I salute this divine soul who have taught every person that any and every war of life can be own by love and tolerance.
Mahatma Gandhi taught us that we can bring harmony to our world by becoming champions of love and peace for all. The task is daunting, but he has shown that a fragile, meekly man of small physical stature can achieve feats of incredible magnitude with a staunch belief to practice peace through non-violence. Will you make a pledge to become the change that you would like to see in this world? I have.
Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:
• I shall fear only God.
• I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
• I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
• I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.
BE HAPPY. GOD BLESS.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything.
-- Napoleon Hill
Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do the things you need to do when you need to them, and the day will come when you will be able to do the things you want to do them!
-- Zig Ziglar
BE HAPPY. GOD BLESS.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Winners take chances.
Like everyone else, they fear failing,
But they refuse to let fear control them.
Winners don’t give up.
When life gets rough, they hang in
Until the going gets better.
Winners are flexible.
They realize there is more than one way
And are willing to try others.
Winners know they are not perfect.
They respect their weaknesses
While making the most of their strengths.
Winners fail, but they don’t stay down.
They stubbornly refuse to let a fall
Keep them from climbing . . . . .
Winners don’t blame
Fate for their failures,
Nor luck for their successes.
Winners accept responsibility
For their lives.
Winners are positive thinkers
Who see good in all things.
From the ordinary, they make
Winners believe in the path they have chosen
Even when it’s hard,
Even when others can’t see
Where they are going.
Winners are patient.
They know a goal is only as worthy
As the effort that’s required
To achieve it.
Winners are people like you.
They make the world a better place to be.
BE HAPPY. GOD BLESS.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Today in this blessed day of friendship I just want to say to all my friends far and near that you all very special and true treasure of my heart and I love you always.
I prayed for you before we met,
Not knowing who you'd be.
I asked the Lord to send a friend.
One chosen just for me.
I asked that they'd be Godly,
With wisdom of His ways.
A friend to help and guide me
In the troubles of these days.
So often in life, we need someone
To listen while we talk.
Someone who will not condemn or judge,
But encourage us as we walk.
The narrow road we choose to follow
May sometimes make us stumble.
But to have a friend to catch our fall,
Teaches us to be humble.
When I asked the Lord to send a friend,
Though many came and went.
He gave much more than I ever asked,
For you are the friend He sent
WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY.
May God bless us all.