Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Look Up Stories

                                                          image source : https://ada2writes.files.wordpress.com
“Promise Yourself

To be so strong that nothing
can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity
to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel
that there is something in them
To look at the sunny side of everything
and make your optimism come true.

To think only the best, to work only for the best,
and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past
and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times
and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself
that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear,
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world,
not in loud words but great deeds.
To live in faith that the whole world is on your side
so long as you are true to the best that is in you.” 
― Christian D. Larson 

My Mother wanted me to learn music and go to a good music teacher in my early teen years. I was one easy go lucky type not serious about anything a bit but quite choosy when it comes take up my passion. One day I was crossing a beautiful garden house and heard a very sweet voice singing my favorite song. Her voice was so mesmerizing that I could n’t walk a step further . The very next day I went again and this time one my friend noticed. She told me that a beautiful lady stay here but we never talk to her and she seldom walk out. I made my mind she is one I am going to take my music lesson form . A bit desperate in my determination I went in. A very well mannered person opened the door later when I ask may I meet Mam who is singing inside and I openly state the reason for my meeting. He asked me to stand there and with broad smile He went inside. My feet were trembling want to run away but hold my nerves strong. The Man came back after 5 minutes and then take me inside may be he too was impressed by my honest confession. I saw a beautiful lady sitting in front of the piano. The room was simple but filled with grace and beauty. She call me near her and touch me with such love and care that I am drenched in bliss. But then I realize she was completely blind. She asked me to come with my Mom next day. So me and my Mom reached there in time. I get my first music teacher Adelina Belrose. Her house was a serene place where music get it’s own meaning and spending 2 to 3 hours in weekend means enriching the soul with music and wisdom. She implanted the seed of such goodness not only with words but her deeds that in my later life it helped me to fight back the many odds. The poem above was her favorite and she use to quote it often. Sometimes I felt that God had taken away her physical eyes and gifted her beautiful heart eye with which the world is forever beautiful. For six long years she was my music teacher and then with her husband and son shifted to Paris.
The house was still the same well maintained by some house keeper . It was no less than a synagogue to me .
 Last week I got a call from her son that they are returning to my city. They will stay here for a year but want to buy another furnished home near to his office ask for my recommendation. I said you better log on to Housing.com for a good hassle free choice. This week they are landing and I can’t wait to see my sweet loving Aunt Adelina and hear her song and sharing her optimistic attitude sitting in the bench  of that beautiful rose garden of her house.

 This post is part of Housing.com#LookUp. Housing envisions a world filled with positivity. As elusive as it may seem, optimism can be found all around - in the laughter of children, in the excitement on your pet's face when you get back after a long day, and in the smile of your loved ones when you go back home after months of being away. Tell us your favourite story of optimism - optimism about life, about love, about the world and its future.

No comments:

Post a Comment