Sunday, March 22, 2015

Happiness In Simplicity

                                                     image source: http://img3.rnkr-static.com/
I asked the professors who teach the meaning of life to tell 
me what is happiness. 
And I went to famous executives who boss the work of 
thousands of men. 
They all shook their heads and gave me a smile as though 
I was trying to fool with them 
And then one Sunday afternoon I wandered out along 
the Desplaines river 
And I saw a crowd of Hungarians under the trees with 
their women and children and a keg of beer and an 
accordion.  - Carl Sandburg
True happiness is in all those little things that life gift us in a blink of our eyes. To dance, clap hands, exult, shout, skip, leap, roll on, float on can make life a poem of new happiness. Happiness to me is all those tiny moments of sharing and caring. To be refreshed by the morning walk or an evening saunter spending some time with the morning birds and the street dogs. Sharing a chunk of bread or few biscuits and to see them wagging tails with words unspoken, yes they love. A cricket match with family shouting at every boundaries….cheering for home team and a bottle of Coke and popcorn to share are simplest forms of happiness. A long drive with a friend and then a watching a blockbuster movie giggling and laughing together, that’s happiness.
 I am real foodie and love to make innovative recipes with food and drink. It bring immense happiness when I share my innovative yummy delicious recipes not only with my family and friends but went out and share with the homeless or the street kids. It’s really a true pleasure to see those eyes sparkles with happiness when they see good food and drink in front of them. Once learnt and experience in my own life truth of this words “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” I find true happiness in giving.... whether feeding a hungry with delicious food ... a thirsty with a glass of drink ...  some good words of praise and happiness that will motivate and inspire and brighten a gloomy day of someone with a ray of hope. Sometimes people around don’t need any tangible good to feel the vibes of wellness but only some caring and loving words that can just make them feel good and move on in life with a smile. So even it’s a simple Happy Birthday to an unknown Facebook friend from a far land, I never miss to type that on their wall. I know it well that I will never meet them in person in this life time but just when I think that may be with my words I can sprinkle little color in their life canvas, my heart fills with an unknown pleasure and a pure smile lighten up my face. Life is nothing but pearls of moments beautifully tied together in the silk thread of time….let’s choose happiness.

 This post is part of Coca-Cola International Day of Happiness. To Coca-Cola, happiness is anything that brings a smile to your face! It's about adding a dose of refreshment, brightness & cheer to the lives of people who love it.

Be Happy. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment